Sunday, May 3, 2009

"It rose from the dead..."

On Easter we explained to Gavin how Jesus died for us to wash away our sins, but then he rose from the dead, and lives again in Heaven with Heavenly Father. And we will see him again. So now everything is dying and rising again. We try to go to the Escondido Farmer's Market as often as we can and there is a Reptile Haven store. Gavin and Parker love the snakes, turtles, lizards and frogs....boys! So after our adventures we got in the car and Gavin started telling me a story. 

Gavin, "Mommy, guess what?"
Me, "What?" 
"All of a sudden the snake bit me."
"Really, are you okay?"
"Yeah, but then all of a sudden it died."
"Oh"
"But it rose from the dead and it is good now."

He is cracking me up with his imagination. He is always telling me some story, or he is a bad guy or a superhero. Yesterday, he trapped himself and said, "the bad guys trapped me." Our home has a fine line between reality and fantasy. I am loving this age!

No comments: