Monday, October 20, 2008

Mud Run!

Well I competed in my 3rd Mud Run. This one was by far the best. I felt prepared and able to give it my all. The first year I did it with my sister, Alison. We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into so we took it somewhat easy. The second year I ran it when Gavin was only 7 weeks old. I did it with my Dad. I thought this would help me loose all the baby weight. I did pretty dang good, considering I just had a baby, if I say so myself! ;) And this year, Parker is 6 months old and I have done it enough to know what challenges are ahead. My Dad freakin' kicks my butt though. If you ran with him you would have no idea he is pushing 60! He is truly my inspiration. This man does not slow down! He rocks!!! It is so fun to do things like this with my Dad. It is our special bonding, and I really enjoy it. Thanks Dad for being my running "coach"!

All clean before the race!
After the race! Ewwwww......but so FUN!
Patiently waiting for our finish! Gavin wanted to run in the mud too. He told Kyle, "Daddy, I'm going to go run, okay!" And began to run along side the runners. Then he said, "I'm going to go swim in the mud, okay!" And snuck under the fence and tried to go in the mud pool. So crazy!
The best baby in the world, and no I am not being bias. He is so happy and content. When I say happy, I think that is an understatement. If you know Parker, then you know what I am talking about. This baby never cries!
Our dirty feet! Yes my socks were white before the race! And I think my Dad has better legs then I do...his are on the right and mine are on the left...see what I mean!

2 comments:

Harris Beach Bums said...

Congrats on the run!! I think your legs are a lot hotter than your dads :) What's your email?
Leanneharris@cox.net

Unknown said...

Way to go iron woman. I can't seem to marry the idea of fun and running but I know that mud and little boys always go together:)