Saturday, April 19, 2008

Trip to Costa Mesa

Kyle had training all week in Costa Mesa. I decided to bring the boys up and stay for two nights. I was feeling really ambitious, and planned outings for us to do while we were up there to keep us busy. Gavin did really well sleeping in the hotel room. We borrowed a roll-a-way bed for Gavin and a crib for Parker from the hotel. Our room looked over run with kids. I had no idea what kind of planning went into a two night get-a-way. It looked like we were staying for weeks, but hey I had everything I needed, and all in all it went pretty well. Our first adventure was the Long Beach Aquarium, complements of Uncle Sean, who suggested it. We had a great time. Gavin loved the outside where there was a little play area for the kids, and all the fish, who he called 'Nemo'!

Captain Gavin
This seal was awesome. It came right up to the window and Gavin loved it.

I love my boys...when they are sweet and innocent!
Gavin giving love.

Parker after getting smacked by Gavin. Gavin is so hot and cold...I know he is only 19 months old...but we think he is bi-polar, just kidding. 

I am beginning to figure out what having two kids is all about. I realized that Gavin needs me more than Parker. It took me the first week to understand why Gavin was extra whinny and aggressive. When I am not feeding Parker,  Parker is, I am sad to say, on his own, either in the swing or the bassinet. Parker is a super content baby so he could care less, it is just me. I feel like I am an awful mother because he is always 'on his own'! But hey, that is the only way I can keep order! Gavin is happier and life is good. I am falling in love with Parker more and more everyday. I feel bad to say this, but right when he was born I felt like he was a little bit of an intruder. We had everything under control, and here comes this baby, one I have not really gotten to know yet, into our family. Right before I had Parker I lost it. I was crying and crying telling Kyle that I am not ready yet to give up my alone time with Gavin. I was so worried that Gavin would feel replaced or neglected. But I am happy to report, Gavin is happy and very much included. A big thanks to Daddy, who right when he comes home it is all about Gavin. I have the best husband and the best kids. I feel so blessed. I look at my life and often wonder how I got here, it feels very surreal at times, but I love it. It is truly everything I wanted my life to be! 

No comments: